2020 CLOVERLY ELEMENTARY
It’s that time of year again! The Cloverly Variety Show will take place on Saturday March 21st, 2020 at The Olney Theatre from 6pm-8pm and it is open for participation to all students (PEP, Autism, K-5). All students are invited to share their special talents, interests, or goofy acts with Cloverly friends and family. This show is not a competition.
Important MANDATORY Dates:
- Sign up sheets are due back by Friday February 7th, 2020. (Hard Deadline!)
- First run reviews (mandatory) will take place February 26th and 27th from 3:30pm-5:30pm. These will be held at Cloverly in Mrs. H-T’s classroom.
- Dress Rehearsal (mandatory) will take place March 20th, 2020 at Olney Theatre from 6pm-9pm (your act will be given a time slot to arrive within this window)
- Acts will be strictly limited to 2 ½ minutes (exception is the 5th grade class finale)
- PEP, Autism, and K - 4 students may only participate in 1 act (solo or group)
- 5th graders may participate in 1 solo act or 1 group act, and the 5th grade act
- Acts will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis (there will be no duplicated songs, so if you hear that other people are already planning to use the same song you are, you may want to choose another song in advance or have an alternate in mind)
- No songs or dances with inappropriate/suggestive language or moves will be allowed (think "clean" lyrics appropriate for ALL students)
- All acts requiring music must provide an mp3 file edited to the 2 ½ minute time requirement. Unedited/incomplete music will not be accepted. This music must be provided by the First Run Reviews February 26th & 27th, 2020. No exceptions. Please do not show up without this completed.
- All props must be portable and supplied by the performing acts.
- Parents wishing to help Mr. Derek Williams with 5th Grade Act coordination must contact Diane Pelton at DPelton@WTOP.com or 301-922-0444 as there are separate guidelines and forms. (Several parents are needed to help)
Once the sign-up sheet is received (see back of this flyer), you will be contacted via email with confirmation and a reminder about first run reviews. PLEASE be sure to provide a legible and accurate email address as it will be the primary mode of communication. The primary parent contact is responsible for information distribution to the child and/or all children of a particular group of performers.
For information or questions you may have, please contact Diane Pelton at: DPelton@WTOP.com or 301-922-0444.